Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Winning Dress!

Yesterday I won 3rd place for the "Best Design Awards" during the annual bridal exhibition in Amman.
The show was for the GSC (Garments Design & Training Services Center) Students who have recently attended a pattern making course.
12 designers competed among each other, the competition was very close!

My dress was originally designed to my very dear friend, Natasha, for her wedding day.
Natasha is the first bride I dress, and she had put so much trust in me, and I thank her again :D
14 meters of chiffon were embroidered with around 30,000 pieces of beads and ostrich feathers.



I first Joined the GSC last year, for a Fashion Marketing course in Amman, they organize courses in collaboration with Polimoda Fashion Academy in Florence, Italy.
GSC is now the single institute that provides people interested in Fashion in Jordan with this level of proficiency. Also last year, I went to Tunisia with the GSC, for a 10 days workshop during the bi-annual TexMed event. Later I went to Florence for a summer course in Fashion Design (it was a great, beneficial experience). Late 2008, I Joined the GSC for a pattern making course that lasted for 3 Month. Earlier this year, I went to Istanbul with them to attend the 3-days IFF (Internationl Fashion Fair).

Things have been changing a lot recently at the GSC, I mean back in 2007 there were so many promises but nothing was actually happening! But with the new management that took over early 2008, everything has changed a lot! Great & interesting courses are being organized, people are loving it, I got to travel to places I've always wanted to go to with the GSC. Students also enjoy a 50%-65% discounts on courses, supported by the Education Support Fund.
Special Thanks to Mrs. Raghad & Ms. Dina, we really appreciate everything :)

My prize was a Fashion Business and Marketing course in collaboration with Polimoda! :)
For more information about the courses offered by the GSC, Please call: 06-5620056

Let me know what you think.

Love,
Styloholic.

8 comments:

  1. Congraturlations!

    Natasha is so beautiful in that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! the dress is beautiful.. and so is the bride. I know her in person, and wish her all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my wedding dress will be 10 times nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! :)
    mab3oos, it will be, ONLY if i do for you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Haitham :)
    thank YOU coz you always make me feel great wearing your designs, not only on my wedding day but on all other parties that I attend ;)

    I wish you all the success and many more brides to dress :)

    Thank you Fadi and Dima:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe it's great to hear from you here!
    Thank you for what you said! appreciate it! :)
    you are my muse, remember!;)

    Yalla, looking forward to our next project :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MABROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK :):) so very proud of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete