Sunday, October 11, 2009

Paris SS '10 Fashion Week

It's been a very long time since I wrote anything here! and I feel guilty about it!
BUT I have some nice things to share with you all! :)
Some of you know that I moved to Florence last June, to do a Masters Program in Luxury Management in Polimoda, I was sponsored to do this program by Chalhoub Group in Dubai.

Last week I went to Paris for fashion week, and I had such a great time!
I went to 6 shows! yes 6! :) Chanel, Giambattista Valli, Celine, Elie Saab, Hermes & John Galliano! My favorites were Chanel ofcourse, Giambattista Valli & Galliano.
It was so exciting, because I don't know how I managed to get in! I mean they are very strict with the invitations and everything, yet I managed to go to the best shows!

I met so many people, people I see only in Vogue and Bazaar, I saw almost everyone from US Vogue, editors in Chief, contributing editors, models, muses, you name it!
some of them were very nice and I talked to them, some were very snobbish!
I met Tim Blanks and Candy Pratts Price from Style.com, both were very nice, I met Glenda Bailey Editor in Chief of US Harper's Bazaar, she was very nice too! I met everyone from the Signe Chanel documentary, Mme Cecile & Mme Jacqueline, Virginie Viard & Karl!.

The Chanel show was amazing! when I got in, I couldn't believe that I'm actually inside the Grand Palais for Chanel show! I mean it has always been like a dream, Chanel, Karl, the show, the people and this time it was magical! The set was a farm house in the country side, seconds before the show started everyone was standing and moving around, and when the show started with a roosters sound, everyone was in place in exactly 1 second! :)
Then came the surprise, Lilly Allen came up from nowhere and performed her song "not fair" then disappeared again! it was a great show!



Next day I managed to go to Elie Saab, I was standing in the back, and just like 2 minutes before the show, I found a free seat in the front row , right in front of Nelly Furtado and Dita von Teese, rushed there, and thats how I got my front row seat at Elie Saab.
Couple of hours later I was outside the Hermes show, ofcourse they were not letting people in because the show was about to start, but luckily we managed to find a back door that leads to the backstage, where I met jean Paul Gaultier, Eva Herzigova, Chanel Iman, Isabeli Fontana & caroline Treniti - and by we I mean me and people I meet there who is trying to get in too! :)

The Galliano show was taking place at the same venue, right in the next hall, and there was noway to miss his show, so Michele and I managed, and again please don't ask me how because we were so lucky to get in, the show was about an hour late, and only staff were inside as they were still rehearsing and John was checking everything out, and ofcourse the show was fantastic!
I was so happy to meet Ms. Laila Hamdaoui, a Stylist and Fashion Editor, we had previously met almost 3 years ago in Dubai during the LCDA and she remembered me, she was such a sweetheart! :)
I also went to see my friend Srdjan who launched his own footwear label Aperlai (website coming soon) I loved it ! very nice designs, and he had good responses from buyers and im so happy for him! I also met Zoe Saldana at Giambattista Valli's showroom the day after the show and we had a small chat on what she was picking from the collection. I got my copy of The Sartorialist and I met Scott and got it signed, I met him first in Milan but all bookshops had ran out of the book, but I'm happy i bought it from Paris, you know, it's Paris! ;) I met Mario Testino again (first time in Milan also) he told me he maybe coming to Jordan soon (hope I'll be there). Models were so tall, and more beautiful in person, esp. Claudia Schiffer & Natalia Vodianova.
The sole purpose of my visit to Paris was to try to get an internship with Giambattista Valli in December, unfortunately he was very busy, but I managed to send him an email asking him for it, so wish me luck with that!

Over all it was a great trip! and if I'm in Paris again, I would for sure do it all over again and try to get in! :) RTW fashion week is great, but I still wanna experience Haute Couture, so January maybe? ;) Please find some pics on my twitter account.

Love,
Styloholic.

4 comments:

  1. you r so lucky. i hope tht someday i will see them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been all my life ha! Just discovered your blog, it is fantastic, so down to earth yet informative and fun. Thanks for taking the time to write it, I will keep checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know which New York showroom reps Aperlai?

    ReplyDelete